Thinking of an intricate napkin fold for your next event?
Folding your napkins will add another layer of sophistication to your decor! CV Linens offers a large selection of fabrics, so it’s no surprise that some napkin materials are better for folding than others.
Before you commit to purchasing napkins, take a look at this guide we have created to help you choose which napkin fabric will make the perfect fold for your special day!
Comparing Napkin Fabrics
While all of our napkins may share characteristics such as quality and size, the biggest difference between napkin fabric is the finish and rigidness of the fabric. Because the possibility of each napkin fold is dependent on how rigid (or stiff) the fabric is, your napkin fold depends almost entirely on your fabric choice.
• Folds that will not work: Very stiff or intricate folds
• The best folds for this fabric: Triangle fold, Spiral folds, loose folds, pocket folds, or rolls
• Folds that will not work: Folds expected to stand up
• The best folds for this fabric: Rolls or simple folds
• Folds that will not work: Because of the pattern of the fabric, most folds will not work
• The best folds for this fabric: Very simple folds, or rolls
• Folds that will not work: Due to the sequins only simple folds can be done
• The best folds for this fabric: Triangle folds, fan folds, the French fold
• Folds that will not work: Upright folds, triangle folds, fan folds, or spiral folds
• The best folds for this fabric: Pocket folds, rolls, and loose folds
• Folds that will not work: Most folds are possible with polyester
• The best folds for this fabric: Intricate folds such as crowns, lotuses, or roses are possible with polyester napkins
What napkin fold are you planning to use next?
Now that you have all of the information about which napkin fabric and folds are optimal for your special day, you’re free to start planning! We are always crazy about seeing your photos of your special events. Share your most accomplished napkin fold with us on Facebook!